The Diversity & Inclusion Committee (D&I) is responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing D&I programs and trainings, working with related committees to make D&I an integral part of ABC, informing the membership of D&I developments, and conducting campaigns to increase member awareness of the need to operate in a diverse and inclusive manner.
Diversity Resource Groups (DRGs)
THE AFRICAN AMERICAN/BLACK/CARIBBEAN, ASIAN, DISABILITIES, LATINO/HISPANIC, LGBTQ+, NATIVE AMERICAN, WOMEN, AND VETERAN DIVERSITY RESOURCE GROUPS EXIST TO:
- Help grow and retain a diverse membership by creating an association of high value to diverse companies.
- Provide ABC members with best practices and strategies to be world-class leaders in diversity and inclusion.
- Help ABC drive industry diversity and inclusion to attract a diverse workforce to the construction industry.
- Engage and develop underrepresented communities within the commercial construction industry.
- Address challenges and opportunities specific to underrepresented communities.
- Build key diverse partnerships in the community.
- Present new ideas that enhance ABC’s diversity and inclusion strategy and resources for members.
- Increase diversity and inclusion awareness throughout ABC.
- Increase morale and engagement among diverse members.