The ABC Young Professionals Committee promotes the construction industry through student outreach, markets and manages ABC’s Scholarship Foundation, plans and participates in community service projects, and above all, is an avenue for industry networking.
WHAT IS THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS COMMITTEE?
ABC members under 40 or “Young at Heart”.
Second Wednesday of each month. Meetings alternate between the ABC office and at local bars/restaurants followed by happy hours for socializing and networking.
- Events Subcommittee: Plans, organizes, promotes, and implements committee events—bowling and corn hole fundraiser—as well as community service projects.
CHAIR: Silvia Zurita, Synergen
- Scholarship Subcommittee: Creates and distributes the ABC scholarship applications to local community colleges, universities and the student chapters, collects and grades the applications, and makes recommendations for recipients to the Scholarship Foundation. Also works with local ABC student chapters at the University of Houston, Texas A&M University, and Sam Houston University by mentoring and aiding the students with their education and career development.
CHAIR: Brawny Gary, Turner Construction
Toni Cromer, Turner Construction
Raveen Phifer, Function4, LLC
Silvia Zurita, Synergen
Brawny Gary, Turner Construction
Jennifer King, Teal Construction Company;
Miguel Escobar, D.E. Harvey Builders, Inc.
- NETWORKING: ABC member company employees can expand their network among industry professionals from firms large and small through networking opportunities that will bring young professionals together.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Seminars will cover topics relevant to help further advance the careers of ABC’s Young Professional members.
- LEADERSHIP: The Young Professionals Committee gives ABC members and opportunity to grow their leadership skills by taking an active role in pursuing the committee’s goals.